Are ray level outputs such as 'P', 'Depth', or 'UV' broken in H20?

1213   8   1
54 posts
'P', 'Depth', or 'UV' outputs in Karma seem to be broken.
'P' and 'Depth' outputs are well done in 19.5 version, but 'UV' output is not produced in both versions.
Edited by ifree - 2023年11月28日 00:13:24
647 posts
Hi. They are for me. I already logged a bug for it. Best
7770 posts
They work if you add them in the extra vars section. The checkboxes in ray level output don't set the aov format.
54 posts
jsmack
They work if you add them in the extra vars section. The checkboxes in ray level output don't set the aov format.
Yeh, 'P' is output in the extra vars!
But, how can I output 'Depth'?
It also seems like aov of vector variables is not working in Karma Material Builder.
7770 posts
ifree
It also seems like aov of vector variables is not working in Karma Material Builder.

You should be able to add it in the extra vars, there is a preset called "depth (camera space)"
54 posts
jsmack
ifree

You should be able to add it in the extra vars, there is a preset called "depth (camera space)"

Thanks, jsmack, it works alright.
But uv is output per polygon rather than per geometry with source type intrinsic, and none with source type primvar.

Edited by ifree - 2023年11月28日 21:30:13

Attachments:
image_2023-11-29_112011278.png (132.7 KB)

7770 posts
ifree
But uv is output per polygon rather than per geometry with source type intrinsic, and none with source type primvar.

right, the ray:uv output is the face parametric. For the primvar, use 'st' or check your spreadsheet for the actual primvar name.
54 posts
jsmack
ifree

right, the ray:uv output is the face parametric. For the primvar, use 'st' or check your spreadsheet for the actual primvar name.
Thanks, jsmack. Using 'st' solved the problem.
54 posts
Everything works well with the latest build of 539 except that AOV should be designated as Color not Vector3 in Karma Material Builder.
  • Quick Links