Supercharged H20 extension (TouchDesigner Style)

27630   92   8
4515 posts
raumafu
animatrix_
Supercharged extension is updated to be fully compatible with Houdini 20. It also implements the latest changes to be more in line with the latest API, such as the new hotkey standard to use unmodified keys:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/news/20/hotkeys.html [www.sidefx.com]

The new version is freely available to existing users. Enjoy

Is it also updated on the patreon?

I didn't update that one yet. But should be soon that includes a few new changes.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
1 posts
animatrix_
a2jixrxau
I have a problem using Houdini 20.0

When I right-click, it looks like this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.506/houdini/python3.10libs\nodegraph.py", line 170, in handleEventCoroutine
event_handler = event_handler.handleEvent(uievent,
File "C:\Users/User/Documents/houdini20.0/animatrix/hotkey system/python3.10libs\nodegraphhooks.py", line 229, in handleEvent
uievent.editor.openTabMenu(key = utils.getDefaultTabMenuKey())
TypeError: getDefaultTabMenuKey() missing 1 required positional argument: 'editor'

Hi, that's strange. I am unable to reproduce it. Which context and how are you right clicking i.e. is it on a node, etc? Recording a video would help.

I have the same issue. It happens when I RMB in any node network window( OBJ, SOP, OUT, etc. ). Pressing RMB in 3D viewport or parameters works just fine.

If I RMB on a node in a network everything works, but if the cursor is above empty network, then the error prints.

Hope this helps. Have been using the add-on for two days and it's super impressive. I love the feature of maximising 3D viewport then overlaying your node network and clicking Ctrl+B again for the parameter pane.
30 posts
animatrix_
raumafu
animatrix_
Supercharged extension is updated to be fully compatible with Houdini 20. It also implements the latest changes to be more in line with the latest API, such as the new hotkey standard to use unmodified keys:

I didn't update that one yet. But should be soon that includes a few new changes.

Is there any updates on this?
4515 posts
raumafu
animatrix_
raumafu
animatrix_

Is there any updates on this?

I updated the files shared on Patreon. Just have to make a post about it to inform everyone.
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

4515 posts
arnisw
animatrix_
a2jixrxau
I have a problem using Houdini 20.0

When I right-click, it looks like this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.506/houdini/python3.10libs\nodegraph.py", line 170, in handleEventCoroutine
event_handler = event_handler.handleEvent(uievent,
File "C:\Users/User/Documents/houdini20.0/animatrix/hotkey system/python3.10libs\nodegraphhooks.py", line 229, in handleEvent
uievent.editor.openTabMenu(key = utils.getDefaultTabMenuKey())
TypeError: getDefaultTabMenuKey() missing 1 required positional argument: 'editor'

Hi, that's strange. I am unable to reproduce it. Which context and how are you right clicking i.e. is it on a node, etc? Recording a video would help.

I have the same issue. It happens when I RMB in any node network window( OBJ, SOP, OUT, etc. ). Pressing RMB in 3D viewport or parameters works just fine.

If I RMB on a node in a network everything works, but if the cursor is above empty network, then the error prints.

Hope this helps. Have been using the add-on for two days and it's super impressive. I love the feature of maximising 3D viewport then overlaying your node network and clicking Ctrl+B again for the parameter pane.

It seems like the built-in function utils.getDefaultTabMenuKey() has been changed. Normally these functions are not documented or provided as API so I updated mine to match the latest code for that function call.

It should work now if you get the latest update.

Locally I never come across this bug hence why I had to fix it from the traceback posted here.

Enjoy

30 posts
I have these configurations in my desktop file but no matter what i change, my shelf and menubar always closed by default and i manually need to expand it. This behavior was working as expected in hou19.5. I'm using your latest update. I have not have desktop file inside of your plugin folder, i have deleted and using the regular desktop folder inside hou pref folder. How can i solve this issue?
fullscreen   -1
playbarshown 1
playbar      -1
shelf        -1
menubar      -1
statusbar    -1
4515 posts
You mean they are minimized on startup? There is code to hide minimized i.e. stoved panes when you go fullscreen but the minimization itself is handled by the desktop. So those -1 values should be 1 if you want them to not be minimized i.e. stoved on startup.

30 posts
That is why i'm getting frustrated because if i change numbers to 1, they are still minimized. If i make them i believe 0, they just dissapear but 1 does not work and they are still minimized on startup. Other panes works as expected so far with playbars and status bars but shelf and menubar does not react to 1.
4515 posts
raumafu
That is why i'm getting frustrated because if i change numbers to 1, they are still minimized. If i make them i believe 0, they just dissapear but 1 does not work and they are still minimized on startup. Other panes works as expected so far with playbars and status bars but shelf and menubar does not react to 1.

The desktop system in Houdini is very old. You are better off making the changes in Houdini and saving the desktop there. Just make sure the overlay network editor is not saved with it by closing it before saving.

30 posts
I'm not using overlay network editor pane on my setup and if i try to save in houdini, desktop file is overwriting it no matter what. if i delete my already existing desktop file and create new one by just saving in houdini, it somehow being back to starting as minimized as well. I kinda tried a lot of variations and i couldn't solve it after days so i decided to write to here because it might be a bug. Because i was using my same desktop file and did not change anything from 19.5 and your previous plugin that compatible with 19.5
4515 posts
First test it without using the extension to see if you still have the issue. If you do, please send the desktop file so I can take a look at it.

30 posts
There is no issue when i disable the animatrix pluging, everything works as expected. I'm attaching my desktop file just in case. I can send my animatrix folder as well if you'd like to take a look at it

Attachments:
VFX.desk (14.3 KB)

30 posts
Found the problem,
animatrix\overlay network editor\python3.10libs\pyhtonrc
hideMainMenuBarAtStartup = True
hideShelfDockAtStartup = True
Changed these to false and it works now
  • Quick Links