Houdini 20 - OCIO - ACES 1.2

478   2   1
4 posts
Hi,

In Houdini 19.5, I set up the OCIO with the ACES 1.2 to houdini.env. I saw the correct OCIO 1.2 config file loaded in Edit>Color_settings>Color_correction and I saw in Render View in Color Correction bar that ACES + sRGB is being used. Everything was working properly.

In houdini 20, If I set up the same way, that doesn't work. The previous render in the gallery and the new one are wrong and didn't match the colorspace that I have with aces 1.2 in houdini 19.5

Whatever I do in the new OCIO editor that doesn't fix it. even when I changed exr colorspace to ACEScg to fix the snapshot that doesn't work.

So how can I fix the gallery snapchot with the correct colorspace to have the same render saved in the 19.5 and 20 and how to add the ACES 1.2 properly on in the new OCIO setting ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Capture d'écran 2024-03-14 202148.png (158.5 KB)

7771 posts
the aces 1.2 config is obsolete. Use the included config or another OCIO 2.1+ config. The old OCIO 1 configs don't support file rules which are required for Houdini 20.
253 posts
Besides that, in another topic here it was mentioned that some OCIO related fixes in H20 resulted in H20/H19 rendering slight different with identical setups.
More code, less clicks.
  • Quick Links