pack geometry based on primitive integer attribute

451   4   1
42 posts
Ello,
I have this geometry which I've voronoi fractured with 4 input points / cells, the resulting geo however is in more than 4 parts since its made of varied geometry.
I'd like to loop over only the "cells" rather than all the disconnected parts. I thought I could do this by ticking "Primitive Cell Point" in the output attributes section of my Voronoi Fracture node.
Now each part has a cellpt primitive integer attribute showing to which cell it belongs.
So next I thought I could just attach a pack node and define the name attribute as "cellpt", this is the correct thinking?
I get this error:

Error
Invalid name attribute for partitioning. Packed fragment primitives currently only support primitive string attributes.

I'm not sure how I should proceed, do I need to convert the cellpt attribute to a string, or is the solution even simpler?
Thanks for your time.
Edited by NNNenov - 2024年3月21日 14:02:46
412 posts
You can convert your attribute or uncheck Create Packed Fragments in the pack node.
42 posts
Tanto
You can convert your attribute or uncheck Create Packed Fragments in the pack node.
ooh, thank you, I thought packed fragments was what the pack node does, but if I untick them it works, whats the difference? fascinating
8622 posts
NNNenov
whats the difference?
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/model/packed.html#types-of-packed-primitives [www.sidefx.com]
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
42 posts
thank you
  • Quick Links