vellum object with different needs

626   6   1
4 posts
Hi all, i have a problem with a vellum object.
i´m working on a beating heart. With vellum balloon and animated restlength it is beating and with pin to target constraints the upper part of the heart with these tubes remains like it is. Is there a way to let them wobble without inflating of the pressure?
I tried it with groups and stitches, but with that i got strange results. looked like there are two hearts intersecting
thanks a lot for help,
Mathea
2573 posts
Perhaps try out the secondary motion node.
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/kinefx--secondarymotion.html [www.sidefx.com]
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
4 posts
Hi @Enivob,

sorry for the late answer. i have absolutely no clue of rigging
I hope there must be another solution for this vellum problem. I´m still trying it with different constraint nodes and groups and animated stopped attributes... If someone knows a good tutorial for that, i would appreciate.

thanks
8647 posts
I'd use Vellum Tetrahedral softbody with Fiber constraint to animate beating heartfiber

there is TetrahedralFiber example in Help/Example Files which is doing a beating heart contractions
you may need to increase the stiffness on vellumconstraints9 to something like 10000 as the example was built before Tet constraints defaulted to ScaleInvariantARAP
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
4 posts
Hi Tomas,
thanks for your replay! I´m just on it to do it with a softbody and inside collision geo. Looks not so bad.
But i would love to see the example file with Tetrahedral Fibers, couldn´t find it, only one with a dying rubbertoy ))
and no pulse effect. There is so much more i can learn about vellum....
Thank you so much
8647 posts
Vankannski
But i would love to see the example file with Tetrahedral Fibers, couldn´t find it, only one with a dying rubbertoy
that should be the one, but as I mentioned you have to
tamte
increase the stiffness on vellumconstraints9 to something like 10000
to get it strong enough to show the contractions, since the example was built in older Houdini version
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
4 posts
got it
thank you
  • Quick Links