Particle Emission From Colour Attributes

5446   3   1
2624 posts
Hi,
I have been messing around and trying to better understand the creation of custom attributes to drive the emission of particles via a colour value. But I have been unable to to create an emission attribute when used in combination with a primative SOP and a Paint SOP. The details view shows the Cd attribute and emission values with Zero values. Dont know why this would happen
see Network BOX RED

I can on the other hand use a point sop in combination with a paint SOP and attribute create , to create an attribute called “emission” and stuff it with color values. but when I bring this into POP's the particles will not emit from just the attribute defined as emission. but as you can see I have got other examples working . totally lost as to why
see Network BOX BLUE

As you can see from the scene file.I have some other examples which work but pull there colour values directly from the Primative SOP also there are other examples where my "attribute works within POP's . I cannot see what I am missing.

regards Rob

Attributes Rule !

Attachments:
Stuffcolourinto Attribute.hip (172.6 KB)

Gone fishing
225 posts
The Paint Sop seems to work exclusively with Point attributes, Try painting Point Attrs and promoting them to Primitive attributes if that helps

You also forgot quotes around the Cd attribute in the one that failed
2624 posts
You also forgot quotes around the Cd attribute in the one that failed

The other examples don't use quotes on Cd , they work in pops ……

Over the weekend I have been doing some digging and have found , the pop network only seems to accept a primitive attribute , but the paint SOP only can use a point attribute.

So with the use of attribute promote you can paint where you would like your particles to emit from point promoting the point attribute to a Primitive.

Scene file attached with different working examples using colour to emit particles.

Rob

Attachments:
PaintGeometryForParticleEmission.hip (166.1 KB)

Gone fishing
2624 posts
scene file with updated working examples

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links