Rigging bones and Muscle

7694   6   1
618 posts
i been searching over the forums if there is something like this.

is it posible to have a chain with several tails?
example do a hand bone and form the hand bone get 4 fingers?
or do i have to do the hand, (and posible 1 finger continuing the chain) and then do the rest of the bones and then parent to the hand, or i can do something like pick the hand bone and do 1 finger, then grab the hand and do another and so on?

if i decide to use muscle can i capture the geometry to the bones and the muscles or only to the muscle using the metaball system?

thanks
スタッフ
1450 posts
is it posible to have a chain with several tails?
Yes. Use the Bones tool (don't confuse it with Bone tool, the former is plural):
- draw your hand bones, press Enter
- now look at the status bar at the bottom to see further options. One of them is Shift+Left Click to start drawing new bone chain from some other bone, so..
- Shift+Left Click on the last bone you drew, and then draw your finger bones, and press Enter to finish
- Repeat for other fingers

You can also use Ctrl+Middle Click to select the parent just like Shift+Left Click, but start your new bone chain away from the tip of the parent bone.
618 posts
thanks i have more questions about the bones,
i draw some bones of the hand but they were done in X=0
if i want to move all the bones to the position of the hand i move them from the Root bone, but how can i make this new position been in 0,0,0 with 0,0,0 rotation?

(in XSI is call “set neutral pose”)
82 posts
@ Geometry node -> Clean Transform

…. from the Pre-Transform menu list.
Victor M. Muriel
http // www . vmuriel . com [vmuriel.com]
スタッフ
1450 posts
And if you already have captured geometry, you may additionally need to use Align Capture Pose to reset the deformations after manipulating your bones.
618 posts
thanks guys, rafal i haven't got to the part to envelope (capture) the bones yet,

this is what do i have so far.

Attachments:
Monito_2.hipnc (2.1 MB)

スタッフ
1450 posts
It looks very good, so far!
  • Quick Links