VERY NEW TO HOUDINI - WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO START LEARNING

6352   4   0
1 posts
Hi to all,
Well there are tons of tutorials here and there BUT I was wondering if someone could lead me how to learn Houdini in an Efficient way - it is great to have lots of tutorials all around but the issue is WHERE should I start… I think Luxology Modo are very good to that.
Learning a software is all about the way tutorials have been made. A pragmactic step by step is alsways a good thing.

So anyone who has a good experience in Houdini can help or have good suggestions?

Thanks to everyone…
スタッフ
1182 posts
Our recommendations are listed here:

http://www.sidefx.com/images/stories/newsletters/learning_roadmap/apprentice.html?&Itemid=311 [sidefx.com]

It includes our lessons and third party materials which approach Houdini in different ways.
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
28 posts
Peter Quint on Vimeo.

Watch all of them!

Read “The Magic of Houdini” Its for Houdini 8, but is more or less the same now.

Then watch the SideFX tutorials.

Watch the Gnomon Workshop DVD with Craig Zerouni

Then watch the 3d buzz, and cmivfx stuff.

I suppose digital tutors stuff can be good for introductory things, but I would suggest the Peter Quint tutorials over them.

And most importantly, experiment!
www.earthfixed.com
4 posts
mightcouldb1
Peter Quint on Vimeo.

Watch all of them!

Read “The Magic of Houdini” Its for Houdini 8, but is more or less the same now.

Then watch the SideFX tutorials.

Watch the Gnomon Workshop DVD with Craig Zerouni

Then watch the 3d buzz, and cmivfx stuff.

I suppose digital tutors stuff can be good for introductory things, but I would suggest the Peter Quint tutorials over them.

And most importantly, experiment!

Peter Quint on Vimeo is really wonderful
12 posts
I bought the 3DBuzz.com Houdini Fasttrack course. It is an excellent course, I feel very comfortable using Houdini now, what I also did, was at about halfway through the 3DBuzz course, I started doing the tutorials from SideFX.com. All of it helped in learning Houdini for me.
  • Quick Links