painting fur clumps

2002   1   1
7 posts
I'm a bit confused on how the paint clumping tool works. My fur density is painted with average scalp coverage (for a human). With the fur clumping brush, I have painted a line down the middle of my head model (from forehead to the back of the head), with an opacity value of 1. Everywhere else is 0. I'm trying to create a “mohawk” of clump hairs.

For some reason when I turn on clumping, there are clump hairs all over where I painted density instead of just where I painted with the fur clumping tool. My impression was that the paint clump tool was to give the artist local control over where the clump hairs are. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it not possible to paint clump hairs in just a specific place?
スタッフ
329 posts
Arrev
I'm a bit confused on how the paint clumping tool works. My fur density is painted with average scalp coverage (for a human). With the fur clumping brush, I have painted a line down the middle of my head model (from forehead to the back of the head), with an opacity value of 1. Everywhere else is 0. I'm trying to create a “mohawk” of clump hairs.

For some reason when I turn on clumping, there are clump hairs all over where I painted density instead of just where I painted with the fur clumping tool. My impression was that the paint clump tool was to give the artist local control over where the clump hairs are. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it not possible to paint clump hairs in just a specific place?

The “Paint Clumping” tool lets you customize how much the clump hairs affect the shape of the fur. It does not affect where clump hairs are placed. The shape of hairs located in areas where you painted with a value of 1 will be fully affected by the clump hairs. The shape of hairs located in areas where you painted a value of 0 will not be affected by the clump hairs.

The “Paint Density” tool will let you control where hairs are placed. It will affect rendered hair, guide hairs, and clump hairs. If you want to place clump hairs independently of where fur will be located, consider first using the “Paint Density” tool then moving the two nodes it created (the Attrib Create SOP and the Paint SOP) to the clumps network (insert them between the clumps/merge_skin and clumps/create_clump_hairs nodes).
  • Quick Links