Flip Fluids initial Volume of Points

3377   2   2
42 posts
Hey everyone, I hope you can help me with this:

Imagine I make a sphere, then hit “Flip Fluid from Object”. It'll create a solid ball of points that'll start to fall when I hit play (and splash etc when it hits something). If I want to constantly emit, I create a “particleFluidEmitter” and plug it into the second input (I know it says 3rd, but I find it faster in the second, is there any reason for this?).

So now what I have is a big blob of water coming out of the sphere, followed by particles generated on the surface of the sphere which is much less dense. This isn't what I want.

Is there any way of disabling the initial volume of particles as I'm only interested in the particles emitted from the surface…

Thanks for any help,
Niietzshe
スタッフ
2540 posts
Clear the SOP Path parameter in the Initial Data tab on the flip_fluid_object Particle Fluid Object DOP.

That is defining the starting flip fluid object.
There's at least one school like the old school!
42 posts
Thanks Jeff, we met not so long ago at a training day you did at DNEG.
With the most basic of setup, simply emptying the SOPPATH field and creating a particleFluid emitter that goes into the same merge as the popsolver doesn't work for me.

Having a mess around though, if I create an empty object DOP and a particle fluid configure, then stick that into the configure flip DOP it seems to do what I want.

While I have your attention, is it possible to mix flip and voxel fluids? For instance having a particle from a flip fluid drop into a voxel fluid and create a splash/disturbance?

Thanks for the pointer, I'm having a lot of frustrating fun messing with the fluid solvers this week.
Christian
  • Quick Links