keeps wanting to download non-comm license

1953   1   1
2 posts
on mac book pro 2.3 GHz i7 8GB Radeon 6750M OS X 10.7.3

just installed 12.0.543.9 and it won't start. keeps passing the buck to the license admin which downloads the non-commercial license successfully (or so it reports). then when i tell it to run houdini, it passes the buck to the license admin *again*. repeat ad infinitum.

i previously had an apprentice hd license for v10, and did not upgrade to v11, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

any help? i find the licensing in houdini to be the biggest time sink on *every* major version. ugh.
208 posts
Anybody know how to get Houdini to open the paid Appentice instead of the free, non-rendering version (with a valid license and server installed)?

Update to new daily build with Apprentice HD (paid, non-comm.) which opened as Houdini Master when H12 first came out. After update, it won't render b/c it can't find a license server, i.e, is now opening as unpaid Apprentice. Went through the license and server key reload but no luck.

Licensing is always a major time sync. And rreally SideFX, its not that hard to figure out unambiguous product naming schemes; I mean what is Apprentice HD?

Thanks,
Kevin
  • Quick Links