How to make a geometry follow the vertex from a carve node?

4853   4   1
2 posts
Hi! I'm creating a five second animation of fairy dust.

I drew a curve and used a carve node so that it creates a vertex that would follow along the curve. I also created a geometry that the particles can be emitted from. The generated particles are going to be animated in the pop curve force.

How can I make the geometry follow the motion path of the vertex from the carve node?

Is there a way I can substitute the vertex from the carve node with the geometry?

Attachments:
fairydust_v005.hipnc (481.6 KB)

7734 posts
Sorry, no time to check .hip files but it sounds like you just need to use a Copy SOP to copy your object geometry onto the point? If you're geometry is in a different object, use an Object Merge SOP to bring it in.
4528 posts
You can bring in your carved curve point and then copy your particle sim on it using the Copy SOP. You should add the required attributes to the point on the curve to have proper control over the alignment of your particles as a whole.

Take a look at this node which does exactly that at the SOP level:
http://www.orbolt.com/asset/animatrix::pathFollow::1.00 [orbolt.com]
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
スタッフ
4177 posts
If you set the curve to be the Path Object, and Position to 1, that object will always be wherever your Carve's Second U ends.

Hope the hip file helps!

Attachments:
screenshot-area-2015-03-11-000503.png (23.9 KB)
carve_end_example.hipnc (61.1 KB)
screenshot-area-2015-03-11-000603.png (9.6 KB)

I'm o.d.d.
2 posts
Wow! My fairy is flying!

Thank you very much Edward, Pusat, and Goldleaf!

Have a nice day!
  • Quick Links