Selection feedback

1732   7   1
375 posts
Hi all,
When I select one point or face or edge, is it possible to view the ID number of the selected component?
Thanks,
-G
Houdini gamboler
スタッフ
5164 posts
grendizer
Hi all,
When I select one point or face or edge, is it possible to view the ID number of the selected component?

Yes. Open the Display Options ('d'), and in the Guide tab, turn on Point > Numbers toggle. Then click on the “eye” icon beside it, change the visibility to “Selected Components Only”. Ditto for faces, but Primitive > Numbers. Edges in Houdini are specified by two points, so Point Numbers covers that case.
375 posts
Actually it was in the markers tab, but thanks a lot Twod!!
Houdini gamboler
375 posts
Well after using it for some minutes I think it is not fully satisfactory… The problem is that I'm currently trying to detect double points that would need a Fuse OP. And when I select one of these double points, both numbers are superimposed. I would prefer the points numbers to be separated.
Here is a screenshot of Softimage, showing a double point selected. the points ID numbers are clearly readable.

Attachments:
Softimage-Selected-components-list.jpg (66.7 KB)

Houdini gamboler
4189 posts
You can see points that are coincident by Display Option/Markers - ‘Coincident’, then marque select those coincident points and in the Geometry Spreadsheet to ‘Only Show Selected’.
379 posts
nvm
375 posts
Very interesting!! I 'm checking all these
What does mean “nvm”?
Houdini gamboler
379 posts
nvm = Nevermind

Wrote something but Marty already explained.
  • Quick Links