Any unexpected aspects after switching to Indie?

2398   5   1
339 posts
I'll need to get Indie soon and I was just wondering if there was something unexpected in your personal experience after you left Apprentice for Indie.

Thank you for your insight.
Cheers
Edited by probiner - 2017年9月26日 05:23:45
323 posts
No nothing unexpected.
JUST: Indie has its own file format.
Everything you did in Apprentice wont open in Indie or better it will turn you started Indie into a NC-noncommercial apprentice again.
339 posts
Thanks Olaf
So I guess my scene solutions won't work in LC and while I know SESI provides a one time conversion, I have lots of stuff all over the place and I either send them all, which seems a lot to me, or things will be missed and I would rather convert them as I need. So I'm wondering if I'll be at least be able to copy-paste nodes from a NC session to a LC session, not HDAs, as I recall something I've done before?

Cheers
648 posts
Just remember no overscan on top of HD res. Can be an issue with your client, better check with them 1st.
339 posts
Hi cqb, I didn't quite get your answer. What do you mean with HD overscan? What issue?

I just got Indie, so I guess all those will be answered first hand

Cheers
146 posts
Though you officially only get a one-time conversion of your hipnc files to Indie’s hiplc, there’s an online tool on Orbolt that will convert files for you on an ad-hoc basis. Google orbolt hiplc convert to find it.

The page states that the tool will only be available for a limited time, but I can’t see it being taken down unless abused.
  • Quick Links