help about node BLEND SHAPES

1348   3   0
94 posts
of node BLEND SHAPES allows transforming and transporting OBJECTS ?
or is just for words from FONT through SCATTER ?
480 posts
Hi,

it can be used to deform geometry (not only font). Usually you have a source geometry and a set of target geometries, where each target is a deformation of the source geometry. Blend Shapes will create a set of pairs
(source, target0), (source, target1), … and offers you weight control for each element. The result is just a Combination of all weighted single results.

Attachments:
blendshape_example.hipnc (120.5 KB)

94 posts
Hi.

What I understood about your Attachments here is that I can give to a “tube” movement options, and in the end “blend shapes” move it from one place to another.
or make other types of motions different multiplied like you shared here on the “grid”. is amazing,

but my question is: if I can to (tube 1) put a sphere partner (sphere 2) and make then it transfer and transform the (tube to sphere) at the end of the path of blend shapes ?

that is the deform geometry that I want to know ?
480 posts
Hi,

I think it is hard to do this directly, because both objects point numbers should be equal and the point numbers should share the same corresponding points. But you handle this problem, if you project one geometry onto the other. I think there are several ways to do this, but one method can be, to place your source geometry near your target geometry and calculate for each point of the source geometry the closest point on the target geometry. You can do this with attribute wrangle but I think there is already a build in node (but I've forgotten its name).

Attachments:
blendTubeToSphere.hipnc (78.7 KB)

• Quick Links