Pre-render script to turn off camera background images

2036   5   0
338 posts
I've been trying to find something on this, I'd like to Mantra ROPS to turn off background images prior to render any help is much preeesh
7849 posts
I put in an RFE years ago that would make the background image for the sceneview independent of the ‘background image’ for mantra. The two are completely unrelated and having one parameter for both is unsatisfactory.

Have you tried a pre-render script that sets the ‘enable background’ checkbox to off for the render camera?

something like:

opparm `chsop('camera')` vm_bgenable ( 0 )
Edited by jsmack - 2018年8月28日 18:10:51
4189 posts
Cool, just checked this one and Viewport and Mantra BG are separate already - use the Display Options/Background Camera tab - ‘Display Background Image’ and a file path and disenable the ‘Enable Background Image’ on the Camera.
7849 posts
fuos
Cool, just checked this one and Viewport and Mantra BG are separate already - use the Display Options/Background Camera tab - ‘Display Background Image’ and a file path and disenable the ‘Enable Background Image’ on the Camera.

The camera tab is disabled for me when I check. The only way I can find to place the image as a background for the camera is with the parm on the camera. You can still uncheck ‘enable background image’ on the camera, as the image shows up in the viewer even with it disabled.
4189 posts
Try locking the camera the perspective view to the camera - lock icon -viewport rhs. The camera tab should then enable. Convoluted - yes!
338 posts
That works great, thanks!
  • Quick Links