HotKey 'Edit Parameter Interface' doesn't work

2015   3   0
24 posts
I'm trying to set a keyboard shortcut for the “Edit Parameter Interface” command
I cannot get it to work completely.

I've figured out there are two references to that command in the Hotkey manager. One of them seems to work in the network view. The other makes the shortcut shows up in the drop-down menu from the parameter window, but doens't work when pressed. I like it to work also in the parameter view.
I've also tried different keys, and restarting houdini.

I'm on Houdini 17.0.35, on an Imac with osx 10.13.3
I thought it worked in previous versions but the behaviour seems to be the same in 16.0 and 16.5 and 15.0

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 9.34.22 AM.png (44.1 KB)

20 posts
have you found a solution to this? Trying to do the same thing, and ran into the same problem
7865 posts
Hotkeys for items in menus require the menu to be open for the hotkey to work. Open the gear menu first and and then hit the assigned hotkey to get the edit parm dialog to appear.
20 posts
jsmack
Hotkeys for items in menus require the menu to be open for the hotkey to work. Open the gear menu first and and then hit the assigned hotkey to get the edit parm dialog to appear.

well that defeats the purpose haha its 1mm away at that point. I geuss you could add it as a menu parm script in your main right click menu and hotkey that
  • Quick Links