When I use the terrain tree instance, I get the problem when I separate the terrain!!!

6560   12   2
44 posts
When I used the terrain tree instance, when I separated the terrain, only the trees on the first terrain were there, and all the trees on the other terrain were on the first terrain.Thank you in advance!!!
Attachment: HDA and pictures

Attachments:
dier.png (2.2 MB)
diyi.png (3.5 MB)
yFan_Terrain_Test.hda (20.8 KB)

44 posts
Hello, you guys, I'm really sorry, I don't know if my question is clear enough.My English is not good, also ask you to help answer!!
571 posts
This is a known issue that requires a fix. Basically when you merge the heightfields and the scatter points, the heightfields are still exported separately as tiles, but the points will be a single geo. The plugin uses the ‘tile’ attribute to map the scatter point geo to corresponding terrain tile, in this case it is the first tile.

Current recommendation is not to merge everything. But I will update this thread when a fix is in, though no ETA on it yet.
Edited by seelan - 2019年10月17日 09:11:13
4 posts
Any news on this topic? I ran into the exact same problem today.
5 posts
any updates??
100 posts
Should be fixed in Houdini 18.5.527.
100 posts
It seems like the previous "fix" was erroneous in certain situations, (i.e. having more than one prototype index). I implemented a fix in Houdini 18.5.589 that requires the use of a point attribute "unity_hf_tile". Set the point attribute to be equal to the tile number. See it here when the documentation gets updated: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unity/_attributes.html [www.sidefx.com]
5 posts
When I use "unity_hf_tile" point attribute then result looks weird.
I group points according it's bounding volume and set attributes
but results is like this

Attachments:
01.jpg (323.4 KB)
02.jpg (67.2 KB)
03.jpg (222.1 KB)

100 posts
Hi, it's hard to say without the HDA, but it looks conceptually correct. Can you send the HDA for reference or file a bug report with the HDA attached?
5 posts
Here's my hda file.
I think this should works but looks weird.
Could you make a simple example hda about splited terrain & scattered points?

Attachments:
devweeks_basic_split.hda (49.3 KB)

100 posts
I took a brief look at your example. I think you're mixing up details and trees? I attached both an example of trees using the unity_hf_tile attribute to instance different trees on different tiles. (simple_tree_prototype_split.hda)

Also, here's a simple example of using simple_hf_detail_prefab. (simple_hf_detail_prefab.hda)

Attachments:
simple_tree_prototype_split.hda (34.0 KB)
simple_hf_detail_prefab.hda (15.0 KB)

14 posts
EDIT: I got this working, the issue was that I browsed to the asset in Unity and opened in Windows explorer to copy the path, which uses '\' and the attrib string path needs '/'. Doh....

---------------------------------------------------
I've tried using your example with Houdini 19.5.303 and Unity 2020.3.33f1, but it does not work. Is there an updated workflow for this? I'm also using session sync, but tested by dropping in the HDA as well (and changing the tree file path).

The tree prototype is invalid, but its just a prefab with a plane (mesh filter and renderer).

s@unity_hf_tree_prototype0 = "Assets\Environment\Test_GrassClump_01.prefab";

Tree removed: invalid prototype 0 UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace () HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_TerrainUtility:ApplyScatterTrees (UnityEngine.TerrainData,HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_VolumeScatterTrees,int) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Utility/HEU_TerrainUtility.cs:973) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_BaseSync:GenerateTerrain (int,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_LoadBufferVolume>) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Sync/HEU_BaseSync.cs:725) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_BaseSync:GenerateGeometry (HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ThreadedTaskLoadGeo/HEU_LoadData,int) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Sync/HEU_BaseSync.cs:355) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_BaseSync:GenerateObjects (HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ThreadedTaskLoadGeo/HEU_LoadData) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Sync/HEU_BaseSync.cs:339) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_BaseSync:OnLoadComplete (HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ThreadedTaskLoadGeo/HEU_LoadData) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Sync/HEU_BaseSync.cs:319) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ThreadedTaskLoadGeo:OnComplete () (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Tasks/HEU_ThreadedTaskLoadGeo.cs:566) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ThreadedTask:Update () (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Tasks/HEU_ThreadedTask.cs:135) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ThreadManager:Update () (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Tasks/HEU_ThreadManager.cs:114) UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()
anthonyt2
I took a brief look at your example. I think you're mixing up details and trees? I attached both an example of trees using the unity_hf_tile attribute to instance different trees on different tiles. (simple_tree_prototype_split.hda)
Also, here's a simple example of using simple_hf_detail_prefab. (simple_hf_detail_prefab.hda)
Edited by Monumental - 2022年8月16日 12:59:21
1 posts
Hi, guys! I still got this problem in Houdini 19.5.605.
Any solution for this? Thanks!

Attachments:
Snipaste_2023-06-06_11-30-13.png (2.1 MB)

• Quick Links