Sending Python Script nodes to HQueue (not working)

1704   2   1
69 posts
Hi, I'm having trouble overriding the scheduler for a python script pdg node. The default for all nodes is a local scheduler, but for this specific node I want to send to the farm (hqueue scheduler). It looks like it is always executing locally, no mater what its scheduler parm is set to.

What am I missing here ?

I'm on Houdini 18.0.348 btw, seen a lot of updates related to HQueue/PDG on later versions, but I'm not sure I need to update to use this. (preferrably not, if possible)

thanks
Edited by fabriciochamon - 2020年2月13日 01:37:48
スタッフ
586 posts
Do you have the Python Script node set to “Evaluate In Process”, which I believe is the default? If that's set, the work items will run in process instead of being scheduled out of process. If you want to run the script as a farm job, you'll need to uncheck that option.
69 posts
Hi Taylor,

Thank you, this indeed works, sorry for the noise (Chris also helped me out on the Discord channel). Just for the records, my problem was that I was changing the python node (poiting the other scheduler) and trying to recook right away. Looks like I also need to regenerate the node, otherwise Hqueue would not pickup the changes. I took me a while to realize this.

thanks.
  • Quick Links