Kinefx Reverse Foot VOP - How do I make it work with IK?

2723   3   1
10 posts
Hi there, I'm trying to get my head around the hierarchical structure on Kinefx. Specifically when using the reverse foot rig. I've used a Vop to drive it reverse foot and it works when the skeleton and rig are in rest pose. But when I start moving the ik controller for the foot the toe and ball joints stay in the original skeletons space.

In the vop I have the reverse foot driving the goal of the IK. Ankle(RF)>goal(IK). I saw this on the Animation cleanup presentation with Mihnea Stoica.

How can I get this to behave properly?

Attachments:
Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.14 - 15.48.44.56.jpg (116.5 KB)
Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.14 - 15.50.04.47.jpg (125.4 KB)
Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.14 - 15.57.49.32.jpg (328.8 KB)

スタッフ
50 posts
Hey, there!
Just looking at the images and description, the first thing that comes to mind is to make sure that the ball and toe joints come from the input that you interact with using the IK control(so that they move together with the ankle joint). Since you are setting their transforms after you have run them through the reverse foot, if you query them from the static input, you will be setting the same static pose on them.
Second, I am not sure how the marker set up looks like but if you have an animated input, you probably want the markers to follow properly. Take a look at setting up the markers using the reversefoot SOP - that should take care of any parent constraining for you.

If none of the above fixes your issue, I would be happy to take a look at a .hip file.

Cheers,
Mihnea
10 posts
Hey Mihnea. The man himself!
Thanks for getting back to me.

Dude it works! All it takes was getting back to it a week later

But yea it was a parenting issues. I just used a reparent node before the attach control geo and it works a charm.
Ball and toe reparented to the ik ctrl.

Thanks for the advice!
53 posts
Hey Motionaut. Could you please post an example file of how you managed to do IK with the reverse foot?
I've been struggling with that for quite some time, and still no results. Some bones are still changing their length.
Thanks in advance!
  • Quick Links