Selection Issue

902   1   0
1 posts
Hello!

I am currently making the jump from Maya to Houdini and am super excited about it. I have been working my way through the the starting documentation, as well as watching tutorials to supplement things I am having trouble grasping. My goal right now is to get to the point where I can do the 'Glass Shattering' project.

I have, however, hit a snag. I have noticed when following along in tutorials, that my selections do not appear on screen correctly. When I say correctly I mean the usual yellow highlight on edges with a mild yellow fill on the faces.

I want to be clear that the selection tool is working, and they are highlighting, but it is so dim that it is impossible to tell the selected from non-selected. This is true for every selection but most true for primitive selections.

I am currently working my way through a tutorial on the group nodes and it is impossible to tell what the nodes are affecting with this issue present.

I would appreciate any solutions!

Before coming to this forum I have tried consulting professor google, as well as browsing other forums. Google led me to the documentation which suggested Display Options > Guides > Selection > Fill Selection. This checkbox is checked. I have tried restarting Houdini and resetting all display options. The problem is persistent and I am afraid I do not know how to fix it.
555 posts
doesn't help if we can't see what you can see.

post a screen print, saying here the selection is working but it's sooooooo dim.

then other ppl can either agree with you or disagree and say...nah...that's normal.
  • Quick Links