Prune render settings

1814   3   1
41 posts
I am using a sublayer node to load in a full usd scene containing render products and settings. I want to then strip out the render settings and add my own.

It seems when you prune the /Render path it will prune upstream and downstream, meaning any new "render" nodes will be ignored in the stage etc. Is there another way of pruning this type of data?

Thanks all
Edited by danwnewlands - 2021年7月2日 07:46:28
スタッフ
451 posts
You can be more selective about pruning only the actual products&settings by changing the Prune's Primitive Pattern to /Render/** & (%type:RenderSettings %type:RenderProduct %type:RenderVar), but it could still prove problematic if you prune /Render/Settings/rendersettings1and then later try to create a new /Render/Settings/rendersettings1.
41 posts
robp_sidefx
You can be more selective about pruning only the actual products&settings by changing the Prune's Primitive Pattern to /Render/** & (%type:RenderSettings %type:RenderProduct %type:RenderVar), but it could still prove problematic if you prune /Render/Settings/rendersettings1and then later try to create a new /Render/Settings/rendersettings1.

Thanks for the reply ! We went down another route to get things working but I'll save this in the memory bank for the near future!
9 posts
Just found this thread while looking for a solution to removing render products on an additional layer that I wanted to render. Pruning the product itself didn't work but it got me thinking and I found that doing an edit property on the orderedvars of the renderproduct did the trick. I just needed "/Render/Products/Vars/RGBA" and removed all the cryptomattes and diffuse, spec, ect.
Edited by davidostler - 2024年1月27日 13:33:59
  • Quick Links