Set $HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR? (Mac)

1809   2   1
192 posts
Hi guys,

I would like to have my $HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR on the cloud, because then I can have it all the same on all devices, and I can have version control of the files in that folder, even the .json files in the /packages folder, which the $HOUDINI_PATH does not seem to read and is seems only to be read when in the $HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR/packages.

How do I set it?
I had read that I need to set it before houdini.env, so I tried setting it as a permanent environment variable on my Mac.
In which I succeeded: Now when I type echo $HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIRin Terminal, I get the location on the Cloud, but when I do it in Houdini Textport Pane, I get the default string.

Thanks for any help,
Edited by OdFotan - 2021年12月17日 15:41:39
スタッフ
421 posts
Yea HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR needs to be set before running Houdini (not in a package or in houdini.env). What do you get in the console when enabling HOUDINI_PACKAGE_VERBOSE?
Edited by mabelzile - 2021年12月20日 10:14:27
198 posts
Hello since i lose my presets on my nodes every reinstall I`d also like a way to save them somewhere specifically like in my HSITE or something, did you ever manage to find a way to set this up ?
  • Quick Links