USD stitch clips: possible bug!

1291   4   0
33 posts
Hi guys, I noticed that when I export animation as a usda sequence, it respects the fps/timecode of my Houdini file (we normally work at 30 fps). However, when I run the usdstitchclips over the resulting usda sequence, the timecode/fps information does not come included in the template.usda file.
Because of this, when I reference that template.usda file later, it plays back at the Pixar default 24 fps and I have to manually change the Time Scale (to 0.8 in my case, in order to have the animation play back at 30 fps).
The only workaround I've found (other than messing with the Time Scale upon import) is to manually edit the template.usda file, and type in
" framesPerSecond = 30
timeCodesPerSecond = 30"
in order to have the animation play correctly upon arrival.
Is this a bug in the usd stitch clips node?
Thanks,
Inna
スタッフ
4438 posts
Yes, this has been reported before, and is something that I keep meaning to fix. Being able to control the TCPS value on the output file directly from the Stitch Clips ROP would save a lot of hassle.
33 posts
Thanks, mtucker. We'll look for additional workarounds in the meantime.
37 posts
Hello!

Is there a fix for this issue? We are currently experiencing this and I would love to know a more solid solution, at the moment we are just editing the .usda in a text editor
スタッフ
4438 posts
The solution is to stop using the USD Stitch Clips ROP and used the Geometry Clip Sequence LOP to author your value clips instead Then the USD ROP or the Configure Layer LOP can be used to set the FPS/TCPS values on the value clip layer just like any other USD layer. Plus the Geometry Clip Sequence LOP is (I think) better than using the USD Stitch Clips ROP in a variety of other ways too...
  • Quick Links