HDA "Save As" Changes Multiparm Names?

1406   5   3
39 posts
When creating an HDA that uses multiparms, I have noticed that versioning-up that digital asset causes the parameter names to change, typically adding a "_2" to the end of the name.

So for instance, on an HDA here I have some multiparms:

When I use the Digital Asset --> Save As... command to version up the asset, they all get a digit added to the end of them:

Is this a bug? Or is there a behavior I'm not understanding? It's not hard to go through and fix them but it does add an element of danger to regular maintenance on HDAs with a lot of multiparms...

Attachments:
pcoip_client_cBsTHWvmIJ.png (41.7 KB)
pcoip_client_6kY8Nj01UH.png (36.7 KB)

900 posts
It might be a bug, better if you report it to the Support
Edited by Andr - 2023年1月4日 13:12:55
39 posts
Thanks -- I submitted it and this has been logged as a bug by support.
51 posts
Finally, someone else encountered this! I've submitted the bug twice and it's killing me. The workaround is just using Houdini 19.0 for saving the HDA because it doesn't have that problem.
Houdini TD, I focus on tools for procedural asset creation.

www.jaworenko.design
39 posts
EJaworenko
Finally, someone else encountered this! I've submitted the bug twice and it's killing me. The workaround is just using Houdini 19.0 for saving the HDA because it doesn't have that problem.

Oof, that’s a rough workaround.

A lot of my high-level tools rely heavily on multiparms and those break the hardest due to this bug. It has driven me to start developing a Python build system for all the high level HDAs because they are unmaintainable by hand. That’s probably better in the long run anyway, but it’s been a lot of work to set up and really slows down the prototyping.
51 posts
jedmitchell
EJaworenko

Oof, that’s a rough workaround.

A lot of my high-level tools rely heavily on multiparms and those break the hardest due to this bug. It has driven me to start developing a Python build system for all the high level HDAs because they are unmaintainable by hand. That’s probably better in the long run anyway, but it’s been a lot of work to set up and really slows down the prototyping.

Would you mind detailing this a bit more? I've been curious about doing something similar but haven't gotten to this yet and am curious to at least the steps involved.
Houdini TD, I focus on tools for procedural asset creation.

www.jaworenko.design
  • Quick Links