Edit SOP create while looking through a camera in LOPs

1180   3   1
13 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to edit a grid while looking through a camera in LOPS. The only solution I found was to LOP import the camera to obj level. Is there an easier/faster way to do it?

If I'm inside the sopcreate, the camera is not showing up, since it's downstream in LOPS (see screenshot leftside). When I plug the grid below the camera (right), Houdini crashes.

Thanks,
Luis

Attachments:
sopcreate.png (53.1 KB)

スタッフ
4470 posts
You could pin the Scene Viewer to the camera1 node, looking through that camera... The downside is that while you're in SOPs in the network editor, the viewer is still showing LOPs. So you can't use interactive SOP handles and there will be a performance penalty as the SOP geo will be re-imported to LOPs with every change you make to any SOP parms.
13 posts
Thanks mtucker. This is hopefully something that will be implemented/fixed in future. For a layout/concept artist it's sometimes mandatory to model while looking through a camera. To adjust a landscape based on that specific view etc.
349 posts
I use a dual Scene View to work around this.

You still need to import reference LOP geo if you need to work with that directly in SOPs, but for solo objects and camera views, it will suffice.

Edited by eikonoklastes - 2023年8月25日 04:14:06
  • Quick Links