Principled shader not available in Material Library

2236   5   2
5 posts
I'm trying to set up a principled shader in a material library. When I hit tab, I get a subset of options and the shader isn't one of them. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere I missed. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks

Image Not Found
Edited by mikeyleo - 2023年11月22日 11:04:38

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 10.54.45AM.png (16.6 KB)

379 posts
Create a material builder and dive in. There you can create a principle shader or any other vex related shaders .
The new workflow is a little more container like.
Jonas Sorgenfrei
FX/PIPELINE TD | RISE Visual Effects Studios
7771 posts
JonasSorgenfrei
Create a material builder and dive in. There you can create a principle shader or any other vex related shaders .
The new workflow is a little more container like.

I actually don't recommend doing that. There's a difference between the principled shader on its own and one connected inside a mantra material builder. The material builder will force generation of source code and bloat the USD and also slow down translation. the principled shader on its own will only create an asset reference and will generate fast, lean USD.

What you can do is create a VEX builder to create the shader and then cut and paste it outside the builder directly into the material library. When done this way, you will also get a USD preview material that will show what your shader will look like in GL. When using a material builder, the GL look will just be default gray.

Edit:
another option is to change the tab menu mask for the library to '*' this way you will be unrestricted from what nodes you can create inside.
Edited by jsmack - 2023年11月22日 14:16:49
5 posts
Thanks everyone. I went with the Copy and Paste method and it worked great.
193 posts
If you want something more specific to put into the filter you can use a part of the name of the hda file.
Edited by NicTanghe - 2024年1月10日 08:06:48
2 posts
Just remove the filter from your materiallibrary node.

Attachments:
Bild.png (100.8 KB)

• Quick Links