Houdini Master Class Course Materials

7018   6   1
32 posts
Hi there,

Anyone knows how can I convert the .odp format of the Master Class courses into a .pdf format?

Or any free application for open them in windows?

thanks

pd wow SESI you are doing a great job with H9 beta and the new tutorials.
1907 posts
.odp files can be opened using OpenOffice.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
1631 posts
I think all users will appreciate it if the slides can be printed out as PDF. I'm using OpenOffice 2.0-pre & I can't see the slides. I opened the outline & the CPU was running full throttle for a few mins before I can see the contents. I tried to print but failed.

I don't really want to download OpenOffice to be able to print the slides out. If SESI can do it & upload, that will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
steven
4262 posts
Some of the slides have embedded videos in them. (It works fine on Windows but the embedded videos have trouble on Linux…for me at least.)
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
50 posts
Would you mind linking the documents pls ?
99 posts
i dont have problem reading them or watching videos more important for me would be to fill the gap of actual lecture so we dont need to guess whats doing what in the files
Good comments on nodes would be enough…
2624 posts
I just coupled what was in the slide show with the help on the node ! to try and fill in some of the blanks. The issue I had was open office didnt play the embeded videos , but you could tell where they were supposed to be , the large empty area was the big giveaway ….

On a side note in the examples. The SOP scalar field node and others keep giving warnings stating
“Primative defined in obj/hotspot is not a volume” none of the examples then seem to work ?

R
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links