Karma ROP default LopNet override and camera inclusions

233   0   1
253 posts
The 'Karma Viewport' button is hardcoded to load the lopnet from the Karma ROP itself, it would be nice if it took the lopnet that's set in the rop_usdrender's 'LOP Path' parm. In the screenshot I've altered the Karma ROP to render out a different lopnet, and while that works, it doesn't translate into the UI. The Karma viewport will always open at the default lopnet. And it would be great if that parm is then also promoted the Karma ROP's interface with a checkbox to override the default internal LOP net.

Why? Well this would allow for the use of custom(ized) lopnets while using the relative comfort of the Karma ROP. For example I have a setup where I fetch the default lopnet's output into a new lopnet and modify it in a few ways. With the above suggestion I could do that without having to alter the default Karma ROP HDA.

Another one is that only the camera that is set in the karma rop is added to the USD stage, making it hard to quickly switch shots in a karma viewport and clone panel. In the customized lopnet I just merge in all cams and it's good. But I guess it's quite a common thing to have multiple cams so maybe a checkbox to force all cameras in there would be a good thing.
Edited by Jonathan de Blok - 2024年3月7日 07:26:59

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-03-07 130812.jpg (286.0 KB)

More code, less clicks.
  • Quick Links