Workflow for heavy animated geometry sequences.

289   2   1
396 posts
As the title says, I'm hitting a wall when trying to render a really heavy geometry sequence in Karma (using Husk). Any way to reference the bgeo files without having to spend hours loading them all from disk on a single machine when creating the usd? Same way the Volume LOP does it for VDBs?

Otherwise, what's your preferred workflow for this kind of situation? I'm looking at one usd file/frame reassembled with value clips, is that the way to go?
スタッフ
4441 posts
I assume you have per-frame BGEO files to describe your animation? And your problem is that you are currently converting the sequence of BGEO files into a single large animated USD file which takes a long time?

If so, then yes, your best bet is to use the Geometry Clip Sequence LOP to author a value clip. There are many other threads on the forum here talking about how to optimize that process (because if you're not careful this can still force the loading of all the BGEO files when trying to generate the value clip).
396 posts
mtucker
I assume you have per-frame BGEO files to describe your animation? And your problem is that you are currently converting the sequence of BGEO files into a single large animated USD file which takes a long time?

If so, then yes, your best bet is to use the Geometry Clip Sequence LOP to author a value clip. There are many other threads on the forum here talking about how to optimize that process (because if you're not careful this can still force the loading of all the BGEO files when trying to generate the value clip).

Thank you! I'll search for those.
  • Quick Links