EMBED TEXTURES INTO ASSETS | UNITY
Learn how to embed a texture file inside your Houdini asset to avoid having to separately import said texture.
- Install and instantiate the Materials_EmbedTextureInAsset_Start.hda example in Houdini.
- Right-click on the node in the network editor and select Allow Editing of Contents.
- Right-click on the node again and select Type Properties....
- In the Edit Operator Type Properties window go to the Extra Files tab.
- At the bottom, to the right of the Filename field, click the browse button and find test_mg.jpg.
- Once you have the path in Filename click on Add File.
- Click Accept at the bottom of the Edit Operator Type Properties window.
- Back in the network editor, go inside the Materials_EmbedTextureInAsset1 node to the geometry (SOP) level.
- Click on the uvquickshade1 node.
- In the parameters pane, set the Texture Map parameter to opdef:..?test_img.jpg.
- In the top Houdini menu, click on Assets > Save Asset > Materials_EmbedTextureInAsset.
- Go to Houdini Engine > Load Houdini Asset... and find your Materials_EmbedTextureInAsset_Start.hda asset.
- You should see the grid with the test_img.jpg texture applied in the Scene view. No additional files are require to be imported.