INTRODUCING VOLUMES AND VDBS
An introduction to the different types of volumes Houdini can create, and some examples of their
use in procedural geometry creation.
The first section is an explanation of different types of volume and a description of the best ways to create and manipulate them.
There follows a series of examples of different ways you can use volumes as shown below:
- Optimising collections of objects (at 22:00 minutes)
- Cleaning up geometry (at 30:00 minutes)
- Creating the low poly trees used in tutorial 1 (at 37.30 minutes)
- Cutting through volumes with noise (at 42:00 minutes)
- Using volumes to rebuild models from blocks (at 49:00 minutes)
all these examples can be downloaded here: