How can I Start/stop the license server?
The license server is called sesinetd.
You must have "admin" rights (root, sudo) to be able to stop/start the license server.
You can start and stop the HoudiniLicenseServer in the Services area of Windows.
- Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
- The service HoudiniLicenseServer controls the license server program sesinetd.
- Launch the Terminal from Utilities
- To stop the license server: sudo launchctl unload
- To start the license server: sudo launchctl load -w
If you receive an error saying /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sidefx.sesinetd.plist: No such file or directory, please reinstall Houdini and choose Commercial Licensing. This will install the necessary license server files.
When you restart the license server software on a centralized server machine, the remote clients will not lose their sessions for approximately 5 minutes of a failed heartbeat (or license check).