ocean tutorial for 11, unable to add fractal dent node [SOLV

4360   2   0
31 posts
Hi Guys

Have been setting up some environments for rendering, including an ocean scene, i was following this sidefx tutorial :-

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.0/howto/sopocean [sidefx.com]

but am stuck on

12 . Dive into the Basic Liquid shader and add a VEX Fractal Dent using the tab menu. Connect it to the next input on the suboutput1 node.

when i dive into the basic liquid shader i get none of the above nodes, instead i get the following inside the basic_liquid shader

and the fractal dent cant be added inside, it only seems to want to add inside the shop network itself

have attached the project file, any hint as to what i am missing would be a god send at this point and thanks in advance

r;0)b
Edited by - March 25, 2011 17:55:36

Attachments:
ocean.hipnc (180.7 KB)

43 posts
i think its because you're at the vex surface shop level , you should add it at the basic liquid shader…(just go one level up pressing the “u” key, and then try to add the vex fractal dent.)
31 posts
hmm am pretty sure it is a houdini9 tuorial, i had spotted that the fractaldent could be added to the shop but didnt have the other nodes in there diagram.

figured it out thou, missing from the tutorial is the need to turn the basic liquid into a material with Shift-C, then you can dive in (press i) and add the node and continue the tutorial as normal.

all good though
r;0)b
  • Quick Links