Anyone using Houdini in dual monitor setup?

6156   4   0
131 posts
I only have 1 monitor at home but was considering getting another one. Just wondering if anyone is using Houdini with 2 monitors. If so, do you mind posting a screenshot of your Houdini desktop?

I don't feel all 3d apps can make use of multiple monitors to full potential. Depends on the work too but for Max for instance the viewport, and the command panel are vital. But for Houdini, since there is a network pane, and a much bigger parameters pane, it seems like it could use another monitor.

My idea is to use 1 monitor for the viewport, and the other one for network and the parameters pane.

Any inspiring ideas?
2 posts
I use 2 monitors at work, really awesome,

generally on my main 26 inch I have a Scene View and 2 Parameter panels, then on the right monitor the 21 inch, I have 2 network views corresponding to the 2 Parameter views on the left. The additional space on my second monitor has a channel editor and a details view.

Can't post a screenshot sorry,

- N
131 posts
Thanks. Why do you use 2 parameter and network panes? You pin them to specific objects? Also how do you control, 1 parameter pane is tied to a specific network pane but not both?
349 posts
2 monitors… once you've gone that way, there is no going back.
I use monitor 2 for the mantra node when im test rendering, other than that I use it primarily for reference images/video's whilst working.

Pinning and numbering links the pane types.

Attachments:
parameters.jpg (789.7 KB)

131 posts
Thanks ragupasta for the pinning tip.
  • Quick Links