Problem with running a voronoi fracture

2899   2   0
5 posts
Hello,
i have a problem. In the attachment you see a part of my network. If i increase the number of points in my scatter2, so the voronoifracture2 starts to cook. At different times, the time at the ground stop and Houdine hangs. Sometimes 1 minute later all is cook and im fine, but often nothing happens and i have to kill the process. Is this a problem with Houdini generally, a seeting problem or a problem with my network?
I use Houdine 12.0.871.
I hope somebody can help me to find the failure.

cruzo

Attachments:
houdini_bug.PNG (36.0 KB)

54 posts
Hard to say with out having any idea of what kind of geo you're using and how many points are being scattered. If its complex geo it can be good practice to clear any unnecessary attributes and cache out the geo after heavy operations (possibly the first voronoi/delete) before moving on and doing more heavy operations (the second voronoi)
390 posts
make sure youre not viewing any nodes lower in the network, and that you dont have the pink template button on anywhere either.

some times i have issues like this with houdini cooking stuff it shouldnt, worst case scenario just set to manual update or even disable the voronoi2
  • Quick Links