Getting bogged down!

3807   1   0
63 posts
All of a sudden my file got really bogged down. It was taking over 2 minutes to save and load and over 2 minutes to close Houdini. I noticed it after trying the surfsect op which took a long time to do. I didn't like it so I deleted the op thinking that would get rid of all the calculations etc and then tried other things before saving my file. Ever since I did this my file took forever to save etc. I would have thought that if you deleted an operator, it would get rid of everything associated with it. Am I wrong? If you use an operator and don't like the result should you exit the file without saving before continuing on? It would be a pain in the butt if you had to do this. Has anyone else got any slow downs like I have? All I have in my file is the lamp I'm working on; what happens with a full scene? The file was 300,000kbs. Luckily I have many backups; so, I was able to delete the large file and use a smaller one (3,000 kbs). I didn't lose anything, thankfully, as the slow down happened while I was trying out different op's.
63 posts
Well, I found help on this one over at the Buzz forum. I opened another file and opened my large file. Then I copied all the sop's over to my newly opened file and saved it there. The file was reduced to 135 KB from the 4,857 KB it was. The large file kept growing everytime I opened it in Houdini. I still don't know the reason and still would like to know as this was very frustrating. I deleted all backup files that resembled my original large file.
  • Quick Links