Hair not following Animation after grooming

3102   3   1
7 posts
I have a character animated in CHOPS that I have added hair on. The hair works fine before grooming and follows the animation with no issue but after I groom the hair is offset(No longer on head) from the now deformed character but still follows the animation in the wrong position. Attached is a test HIP File. I did a simple rig of a tube and created 2 different hair groups. The one on the end has no grooming applied and the other one has grooming applied. The groomed Hair no longer follows when you move “Chain_goal1”

Any ideas or Tut someone could point me to?
Edited by Dan Cota - July 20, 2016 17:03:08

Attachments:
HairTest.hiplc (724.5 KB)

702 posts
If you are animating the Chain_goal1 at frame 1, the hair is not being captured. you need to set a key on frame 1, or what ever frame the Groom Frame parameter on the skin tab is set to, and then start animating at frame 2 or greater. Then everything will stick as expected.

this is one reason why most studios start shots at frame 101 or 1001, that way the capture frame can be 24+ frames earlier and allow for preroll into the animation
7 posts
sidenimjay you are awesome!! Worked perfectly!!! Thank you!!
73 posts
I have the same problem, 4 years later, but with a alembic file, could this work too or any clue?
CG Generalist / FX Artist
http://www.jleandrovfx.com [www.jleandrovfx.com]
Jason Leandro.
  • Quick Links