Flip FLuid custom Container Leaking Particles.

6598   5   3
12 posts
hello 8)

im trying to do the noob thing and create a custom container for some fluid to be in. i got the fluid generated and in the glass, but no matter what i do i cant seem to get the particles to not just loose volume. they dont seem to go anywhere.. they just disappear. if any body could take a look-see at my scene file and offer any direction or feedback, id be very grateful. i've made a proxy object, which i feel is ridiculous, because what if i want splashing or something.. ive tried uping the res on it (collision rbd obj).. ive tried adjusting the particle separation to add volume. i tried to reseed particles, adjusting max sign sweep, and sign sweep thresholds, laser scan.. i have tried uping the sub steps on the whole autodop network. im lost, i did read something about a different kind of fluid called SPH? but i cant find much on that in H12. im using the HD apprentice. any help would be greatly appreciated, again. ive attached the file below.

Attachments:
martiniGlass.hipnc (1.0 MB)

172 posts
hey alex

i fixed your file i changed quiet a lot and simplified it, will be good for you to study the file

-try to work with real scale for realistic behaviors, houdini works that way.
-8 steps for sim is overkill.
-you don't need a proxy systematically
-one of the best thing to look at to resolve penetration is the mesh collision. volume, as well as the particle separation parameter.
-adding viscosity as small as it is will help also.
-i disabled particle reseeding also.

hope it helps

PS: i think everyone who starts houdini actually start with the liquid/glass sim
also try :
www.odforce.net
lots of amazing files to download, and great community

goodluck

Attachments:
martiniglass_fixed.hipnc (1.0 MB)

12 posts
thanks x1000000000. i am all up on odforce.. i need to work on my forum combing techniques. i actually found a bunch of stuff regarding it but no matter what i found and did, nothing seemed to work. thank you so freakin much for this man i really appreciate it.
172 posts
i am new to houdini (10 month or so)
houdini is hard work, you will really need to try again and again
i probably did over 30 of those glass with fluid, then added the glass breaking and other stuff over time.

start simple then try to add/combine other system as you are learning stuff.
There are 100 of ways to approach a setup.
spend some time to understand what parameters does what and how there are inter-related.

goodluck
12 posts
thanks so much for the tips guys. its really good to hear that kind of thing because the moment i feel like i have a slight grasp on something, i realize i actually dont.. very humbling and fun as hell learning this program. thanks again for the help and words.
3 posts
sami.tawil
hey alex

i fixed your file i changed quiet a lot and simplified it, will be good for you to study the file

-try to work with real scale for realistic behaviors, houdini works that way.
-8 steps for sim is overkill.
-you don't need a proxy systematically
-one of the best thing to look at to resolve penetration is the mesh collision. volume, as well as the particle separation parameter.
-adding viscosity as small as it is will help also.
-i disabled particle reseeding also.

hope it helps

PS: i think everyone who starts houdini actually start with the liquid/glass sim
also try :
www.odforce.net
lots of amazing files to download, and great community

goodluck
Thanks…. that helped me tooo
  • Quick Links