Vellum in DOP Network not simulating

2636   2   1
5 posts
Hi everybody,

I've recently gotten started with Houdini so please excuse me if this is a really dumb and / or beginner issue. I looked all around the forum and googled for about half an hour but I simply cannot find an answer to this.

I've set up a Vellum simulation. As long as I did everything inside an object node, everything was working fine but of course I can't apply other forces like gravity to it this way, neither can I let it interact with static objects or anything similiar.

I've taken a look at the Vellum Cloth Shelf tool which does exactly this, and to my knowledge I have set it up EXACTLY like the shelf tool does with a simple sphere, but it does not work. The second I try to simulate with the DOP network nothing happens.

I've been trying to solve this for over 2h now and I hit a brickwall. I'd love if one of you could help me out with this.

Thanks!

Attachments:
Vellum1.hiplc (681.7 KB)

900 posts
Hello, it seems that you just need to connect the vellum sop solver downstream the other vellum nodes.
5 posts
Hi Andr,

yep, you were right! Figured it out immediately after I posted, of course. As it always is ...
  • Quick Links