heightfield visualize not working

3395   6   1
35 posts
I can't seem to get the heightfield visualize node to work with the sop_mapbox (GameDevToolset) node anymore. I've attached 2 screenshots, one showing it working (old file), the other not.

Same settings on each. Using H17.5.258 & GameDevToolset 1.173.

Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments:
Heighfield_Visualize_working.jpg (427.6 KB)
Heighfield_Visualize_broken.jpg (470.9 KB)

The only devil I know is in the detail.
31 posts
Just tested on H17.5.258 and GameDevToolset 1.173, same issue. If I temporarily replace sop_mapbox with a HeightField, the ramp color (temporarily) appears.

mapbox_on_steroids however seems to work fine. I notice mapbox_on_steroids doesn't create a shop_materialpath attribute so might have something to do with that.
Edited by asm - June 24, 2019 15:39:48
35 posts
Thanks asm, your right, mapbox_on_steroids works fine. For a second I thought “mapbox_on_steroids”, are you taking the **** or what? But low & behold, downloaded. Classic name for a hda bereg. Cracked me up. Well done mate.
The only devil I know is in the detail.
1 posts
What worked for me for some reason is creating the Heightfield visualise connected to another Heightfield, and then disconnecting it and connecting it to the correct heighfield (in this case mapbox)
Then it allows me to edit it. when I just created it connected to the mapbox it doesnt update, but then if i connect that one to another heightfield it works…
1 posts
U need attr delete before u insert hf vis node
2 posts
Don't know if you've solved this, but I ran into a similar issue and had to put a Heightfield Visualize with "Update Tinting: Default" and "Update Material: No Change".
1 posts
Adding an attribdelete node with the Primitive Attributes: shop_materialpath worked for me.
  • Quick Links