Cone Twist Constraint not working

1617   2   0
14 posts
Hi,
i am still working on a car crash setup. got i working on a basic level. dont know if its really how its supposed to be.
i am stuck now on attaching the wheels to the body. i tried to use conetwist constraint, but i cant get it to work. i would like the tires to be able to turn and break if hit too hard.
i attached the file, maybe someone could have a look at it. i tried to clarify the tree with notes.

Attachments:
ConeTwistForum.zip (1.8 MB)

14 posts
Right,

i found a few mistakes and cleaned the scene. I checked in the spreadsheet if the conetwist attributes are present in the rbd packed node and they are, but i cant see them in the dopnetwork and they dont seem to work the tires come off immediately.

Attachments:
ConeTwistForum2.zip (1.8 MB)

14 posts
Hi,

so i made a very simple scene to figure out how to do it. a fractured sphere and two cubes.
it works, twist constraining the two cubes. but if i try to glue constrain one of the cubes to the fractured sphere, the conetwist constraint seems to brake immediately. i dont know why, because if i hide the geo in the dopnet, the constraints stay in place, but the cube comes off.
also if i show object link, it seems the wrong objects are attached to the twist constraint.
Edited by pmegele6 - Aug. 11, 2022 05:18:31

Attachments:
CONETWIST_DEV.hipnc (457.7 KB)

• Quick Links