Change camera view mask color?

2474   4   2
60 posts
Hello all,

how do I change the camera view mask from red to black?

Thanks!

T
1 posts
You would hold down the Alt key while clicking, and then release the key. And instead of a white layer mask, a black layer mask is added.
cookie clicker [cookie-clicker2.co]
Edited by hagenes.braxton - April 11, 2022 22:33:03
331 posts
Turning the View Mask red is a new feature in Houdini 19, aimed to help the user know when the viewport has been locked to the camera. This is to prevent unwanted camera movements when panning and tumbling the view.

I don't know of any way to change the colour, nor would I want to. This is a most welcome feature.

Meanwhile, you can just unlock the camera to not see the red.
76 posts
The way I managed to do it was to adjust the 3D Scene colors but NOT the one that's in your $HOME/config folder but the one that on PC would be at:
C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini.xxx\houdini\config\3DSceneColors.bw

Look for the line that says "LockedCameraMaskColor" and change the values to whatever you like. Before doing this though I'd highly recommend to save a copy of the OG one in case you'd like to go back to red.

Cheers
679 posts
You can copy the line "LockedCameraMaskColor" from the "programFiles/...... /config/3DSceneColors.bw" to your preferences 3DSceneColors.bw file.
This way, you don't have to mess with the program files and new H versions get the desired mask color.

Cheers
CYTE
  • Quick Links