exporting object sequence

16345   3   2
76 posts
Hi..I am trying to export out an object sequence from a simple box that was made fluid, I got to the point of exporting out the current frame object correctly but how can I save it out as an object sequence?

when I am exporting, I am inside the fluid object and at the dopimport level.
Sorry but I couldn´t find any decent help topic about it.

Ohh..yeah! I´m basicly trying to get obj format sequence in to Lightwave.
thanks!
Phamarus
displaced mind
1529 posts
Heya Phamarus,

I'm going to assume that you are attempting to export a polygon dataset, as i'm uncertain that other things that Houdini CAN write, are able to be correctly contained inside an obj file.

At the end of your sop chain, append a rop_geometry (it is labeled "ROP Output Driver) sop (which was built for this task).

Enter your frame ranges, etc, and for the file name specify myexportfile.$F.obj. $F in houdini terms means ‘the currect frame’.

If you need padded filenames use $F4 instead (which will create a sequence which contains values padded to a length of 4 (ie: 0003).

Gene

ps: one more caveat – this may not work if you are on apprentice.
28 posts
One thing to keep in mind is that you won't have motion blur if you render an obj sequence in LW.

You might want to render the fluids in Houdini and then composite. There's even a LW camera <- -> Houdini camera tool in the Exchange.
76 posts
Thanks guys for trying to help, It didn´t do me any good thou..I guess I have to spend time on more basic understanding of houdini first, still a very newbie on houdini.

Thats good to know about motion blur and object sequence colin.
I would so much like to se how the fluid would look with Lightwaves dielectric materials thou.

so keyframe..where do I find the sop? I cant find any label for it, is it located in the autodopnetwork? and how do I append the rop geometry? is there a rmb list where this option is located(append).

phamarus
displaced mind
  • Quick Links