Individual particle color

9738   6   4
87 posts
I'm sorry if this has been adressed before, but what is the most elegant way to have each particle in a PopNet have a single color? I feel I've seen a tutorial about this but I'm having a brain fart. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Alex
130 posts
Hi,

A point node with “add color”?

Cheers,
Greg

Attachments:
colorize_particles.png (52.9 KB)

87 posts
Great, thanks!
Now I'm using an Attributetransfer to get the color onto the trails I'm creating from the particles, but for some reason the trails keep changing color too. It is a nice effect, but not what I'm after. I would expect that one particle is one point, it is transferred to one sphere, that sphere creates a trail, and that trail stays the color of the particle that “caused” it.
Does that make sense? What am I missing?

Thanks
Alex

Attachments:
Picture 4.png (792.8 KB)

130 posts
Hi,

It might be weird idea, but - since you are doing quite looong trails, if they are longer than a lifetime of individual particle, then when particles die, the numbering might chanage for those that are still alive.

This might be responsible for sudden changes of colour?

Greg
87 posts
I don't think that is the reason, as the life expectancy of the particles is set to 200, and mostly because the color change happens even at the very beginning of the animation, I can almost see it happening on different facets of the sphere as it is emerging from the grid.
34 posts
how about adding a point sop with a “rand” expression called in the color filed …am attaching a file for your reference.

-alok

Attachments:
randColor.hipnc (70.0 KB)

460 posts
I did it like this

hope that can helps you

Attachments:
_mix_strands_v02.hipnc (54.6 KB)
strands.png (120.0 KB)

varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
  • Quick Links