Error with Gui in Unity

2987   2   2
5 posts
Hello,

I have a problem where digital assets placed in a Unity scene suddenly started to break when rebuild .

the error seems to come from HoudiniGeoAttributeManagerGUI.cs at line 92 (HoudiniHost.mySelectionTarget)

there is a scriptable object HoudiniGeoAttributeManager from which the script is supposed to get “prTransform” attribute
but the reference is null on a lot on digital asset on the project now.
The null reference error prevent the scene view from been rebuilt, we suppose this is related to the “edit” overlay used to paint attribute like vertex color on Houdini meshes.
we temporarily fixed the issue by checking if the object is null before trying to access it and it seems to work for now.

Do anybody know what could be causing this issue ? or how to fix it ?

Thanks you in advance !
571 posts
I am unable to reproduce this. Got a sample HDA that can reproduce the behaviour? Describe the steps you are doing that leads to the error as well.

Your null check workaround is okay for now since HoudiniHost.mySelectionTarget is just tracking the selection/deselection object.
5 posts
Hello,
thanks you for the reply .

I'm afraid i don't know the steps that lead to this issue…
a coworker pulled from git the latest version of a unity scene one day and 30 % of the asset in it were corrupted, so he told me about it.
we don't know exactly when it started, because i work on a single specific instance of the digital asset to test the result so i never noticed that some other were not working properly.
Its possible that at some point a version of the digital asset had an edit node with a name, and in a later version the node name changed.

i can provide you a stripped down unity project with a scene that contain the digital asset, with one that work fine and the other that is broken.

I didn't do anything unusual with the asset,i only placed them, edited them and rebuild them time to time when the .HDA was updated

I link you the file by private message if that do not bother you.

Last thing, we are currently using Unity 2017.1.0p4 and Houdini 16.0.671 limited commercial (Indie)
Edited by i20 - Oct. 9, 2017 10:33:47
  • Quick Links