How to use Labs Box Cutter SOP [SOLVED]

1937   3   1
78 posts
Hello, I have just checked out the latest Hive video on the Labs plugin and wanted to have a play with the Box Cutter SOP.

It doesn't look like there is any built in documentation, and I couldn't find info online.

It's a fairly simple node with 1 input. It asks for an input shape, which I've provided but I get no boolean operation working at all.

Any tips?
Edited by GlennimusPrime - May 25, 2020 05:40:08
234 posts
Left click and drag for base shape, ctrl for extrusion and A for stamping… ( still have to figure out the stamping part though )
Also, I'd like to hear for someone more experienced what would be the benefit of using box cutter compared to existing shatter/boolean.
Edited by djorzgul - May 21, 2020 22:37:44

Attachments:
bc_01.jpg (268.7 KB)
bc_02.jpg (384.2 KB)

78 posts
Whoops, I never saw the instructions a the bottom of the screen. Thanks for pointing that out!

Although the placement of this box with the depth control feels really weird and awkward to move around. Resetting the pivot does not move it to the center. Think I will stick with the regular boolean operation. After all, I guess that's all this is. A boolean with a copy + transform.
833 posts
Now if we could only get some instructions for the Trim Texture tool also mentioned in the same video. I love SFXLABS, but lately they've been slacking a bit on the tutorials.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links