VAT mat for Unity 2020.3.18

2384   2   0
190 posts
I would like to get Vertex Animation Textures working in AltspaceVR.
Altspace is extremely strict regarding what version of Unity to use and since yesterday, the workflow is updated to 2020.3.18
Now, I understand that for the latest and greatest features of VAT you need to be in beta 2021.2.something and there everything is working fine. However, if I want to use the .mat that gets created in Houdini in 2020.3.18, it just generates errors
Is there a way, maybe an older version of the .mat somewhere in someone's recycle bin, to be able to get VAT to work in a non beta version of Unity, preferably 2020.3.18?

Cheers,
Rudi
Staff
99 posts
RudiNieuwenhuis
version

Go you roll back to VAT2.1 and use our VAT Unity package without the _VAT3 suffix. To switch VAT version, right click on any node; go to Asset Manager > Configuration; towards the bottom, change a drop-down menu to something like "Show All Asset Definitions"; then you will see a drop-down menu at the top of all your nodes, from which you can switch versions. (Note, please don't switch back and forth multiple times on the same node you dropped down. It may mess up the node interface.)
Mai Ao
Senior Technical Lead of SideFX Labs
youtube.com/@notverydarkmagic
190 posts
Tnx MaiAo, I tried this but unfortunately this workflow just doesn't give acceptable results in Unity, vertices flying all over the place, I guess it's got something to do with the welding of vertices that I unticked but look like they are still welded.
  • Quick Links