Agents with Point Animation

622   4   1
4 posts
Hi,

I am trying to integrate crowds into my workflow in cellular medical animation. Cells are usually animated without bones, and rely on point deformation and noise based point animation. I am wondering if it is possible to use point animations, without bones, as agent states? So far, I have had no luck, but I could be missing something. There seems to not be much info on this topic
Staff
730 posts
You can also do blendshape deformation with agents, so that could be an option depending on what you need
4 posts
I think that would be less ideal, as it is not a matter of an animated cell going from A-B, but more like an overall jiggle/wobbly sort of animation. My current thought for a workaround is to make the surface points into kinefx bones - just gotta work out how to link kinefx skeletons to an agent...
Staff
730 posts
zakkatara
Just gotta work out how to link kinefx skeletons to an agent...
You can use the Agent from Rig SOP for that - there's a helpcard example with a full example of the workflow
4 posts
Got it working! I missed that node somehow. I am so glad that there is a workflow for this. Thank you sir!
  • Quick Links