Shortcut for Show Handle tool

1022   4   1
2 posts
Hallo there, I would like to ask you - is there any way to assign shortcut to Show Handle tool(default shortcut is Enter) ? I tried everything but I have no luck to find solution, hopefuly there is some. Thank you

Attachments:
handle_tool.png (25.6 KB)

2 posts
...ok I realized I can find that tool in Shortcuts manager as Edit Current Operation but now I have another problem and it seems like a bug: This tool is triggered by key Enter as default and it works perfectly. When I change this shortcut for example to Space or key D or X it sometimes works but most of the time it's not triggered by pressing that key. So for example if I continuously press two keys 'S' and 'Enter' it's switching between Select tool end Edit current tool (the handles). But if I assigned to Edit current tool key 'D' for example and now I try switching between Selection tool and Edit current tool, it works only once and only sometimes and then nothing. I have no idea what's wrong with this tool / shortcut assignment. Is there something wrong am I doing ? Thank you
7945 posts
lukemorte
...ok I realized I can find that tool in Shortcuts manager as Edit Current Operation but now I have another problem and it seems like a bug: This tool is triggered by key Enter as default and it works perfectly. When I change this shortcut for example to Space or key D or X it sometimes works but most of the time it's not triggered by pressing that key. So for example if I continuously press two keys 'S' and 'Enter' it's switching between Select tool end Edit current tool (the handles). But if I assigned to Edit current tool key 'D' for example and now I try switching between Selection tool and Edit current tool, it works only once and only sometimes and then nothing. I have no idea what's wrong with this tool / shortcut assignment. Is there something wrong am I doing ? Thank you

Maybe you have to change 'Accept' to the same key, or hit whatever key is assigned to 'Accept' to complete the selection?

Edit after further investigation:
Edit Current Operation doesn't have a key assigned to it by default, so I don't think the 'Enter' key is actually activating that operation. The show handle action is probably hardcoded to the 'Enter' key.
Edited by jsmack - Nov. 11, 2023 12:18:22
634 posts
I have the same problem. Switching state from viewer tool buttons is not always work.
313 posts
Try placing this in a shelf and add hotkey

def enterViewState():
    scene_viewer = hou.ui.paneTabOfType(hou.paneTabType.SceneViewer)
    scene_viewer.enterViewState()

enterViewState()
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
  • Quick Links